Hardness test according to uni en iso 6508/1
Heat treated metal materials.
Rockwell hardness test is the fastest and most popular way to measure the hardness of metal materials after hardening and tempering heat treatments.
This method is not suitable to measure the hardness of thin hardened layers (eg: nitriding) because its applies a 150 Kg load on the diamond penetrator: under such conditions the penetrator passes through the hardened layer and the measuration is corrupted by the material core hardness. To measure the surface hardness of thin hardened layers ( < 1mm ) low loads Vickers hardness test must be adopted.
Our Accredia accredited loads
Not accredited loads
HRA | HR30N
HR15N (in fase di accreditamento)
Optimal size: 20 x 20 x 20 mm
Minimum measurable hardness 20 HRC
Other laboratory tests performed
- Determination of grain size
- Assessment of non metallic inclusions in steel
- Macroscopic examination of ferrous materials
- Microscopic examination of ferrous materials
- Impact bend test
- Charpy pendulum impact test
- Determination of depth of decarburization
- Measurement of thickness of hardened surface layers
- Hardness test aggording to uni en iso 6506/1
- Hardness test according to uni en iso 6507/1
- Failure analysis
- Chemical analysis