Phenomena like the thermal fatigue, inclusions, decarburization, wear, cracking and corrosion are often the cause of reduced tool and component life.
The conduction of chemical, metallographic and mechanical tests together with the meticulous collection of information, allows technical staff to survey and understand the causes of failures by identifying the critical points in the process.
The deep knowledge of materials, of their properties and their applications allows us to help you choose appropriate materials and suitable heat treatments for any industrial situation.
The Laboratory can also perform continuative tests with sampling plans on production batches and/or on purchased materials in order to verify compliance to specifications.
Other laboratory tests performed
- Determination of grain size
- Assessment of non metallic inclusions in steel
- Macroscopic examination of ferrous materials
- Microscopic examination of ferrous materials
- Impact bend test
- Charpy pendulum impact test
- Determination of depth of decarburization
- Measurement of thickness of hardened surface layers
- Hardness test according to uni en iso 6508/1
- Hardness test aggording to uni en iso 6506/1
- Hardness test according to uni en iso 6507/1
- Chemical analysis